In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Government Code section 54954.1, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Administrative Assistant, (559) 781-8020. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the School District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II)
Burton Elementary School District
Board of Education
For the regular meeting of Monday, December 1, 2008, CLOSED SESSION beginning at 5:45 p.m., OPEN SESSION beginning at 6:15 p.m. in the Burton School District Board Room at 264 N. Westwood Street, Porterville, California.
1. OPENING CEREMONY
1.1 Call to Order
Board of Education: Present Absent
Eric Kroutil, President ______ _______
Jay Rice, Vice President ______ _______
Devin Wilson, Clerk _______ _______
Phillip Giannetto, Member _______ _______
Lisa Ruffa, Member _______ _______
Dr. Gary Mekeel, Secretary/Superintendent _______ _______
2. OPPORTUNITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO ADDRESS THE BOARD ON CLOSED SESSION ITEMS (Gov. Code Section 54954.3)
3. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION (Enc. 1)
3.1 Discuss Recommendation for Offer of Certificated Employment:
a. Second Grade Teacher, O.G.
3.2 Discuss Recommendation for Offer of Classified Employment:
a. Custodian, M.O.T.
b. Bus Driver, M.O.T.
c. Crossing Guard, BMS
d. BEST Program Instructor, D.O.
4. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION
4.1 Pledge of Allegiance
4.2 Report of Action Taken in Closed Session (if any)
4.3 Personnel Item:
a. Recommendation to Approve the Provisional Intern Permit (PIP) for Daniel Mack to Serve as a Long Term Sub Throughout the District in Grades K-6 (Enc. 2) (Action item)
5. OPPORTUNITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO ADDRESS THE BOARD ABOUT ANY ITEMS WITHIN THE BOARD’S JURISDICTION BUT WHICH ARE NOT ON THE AGENDA (Public input for agendized items is accepted at the time the matter is considered)
6. REPORTS, DISCUSSIONS, AND VISITATIONS OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
7. SCHEDULED PRESENTATIONS, AND/OR HEARINGS
7.1 Discussion and Recommendation on Inter-District Appeal (Enc. 3) (Action item)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR (Enc. 4) (Action Items) (Note: These are generally routine items that are acted on together for efficiency. Board members may remove any item for further discussion prior to taking action.)
8.1 Request for Approval of Accounts Payable Warrants #60880563-60880673
8.2 Recommendation for Approval of November 17, 2008 Board Minutes
8.3 Recommendation to Approve Offer of Certificated Employment:
a. Sarah Davis, Second Grade Teacher, O.G.
8.4 Recommendation to Approve Offer of Classified Employment:
a. Robert (Arnie) Nelms, M.O.T.
b. Vickie Caudillo, Bus Driver, M.O.T.
c. Julie Ream, Crossing Guard, BMS
d. Melissa Velasquez, BEST Program Instructor, D.O.
8.5 Recommendation for Approval of Out-of-County Field Trip Request for BMS Band to Travel to Disneyland in Anaheim on March 28, 2009
9. BUSINESS AND FINANCE
9.1 Recommendation for Approval of the First Interim Financial Report for 2008/09 (Enc. 5) (Action item)
9.2 Budget Revisions Report for Fiscal Year 2008/09 (Enc. 6) (Action item)
10. CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
10.1 Presentation of Summit Charter Academy English Language Learners Action Plan (Enc. 7)
11. REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
12. BOARD REQUESTED AGENDA ITEMS
12.1 December Parent Calendar of Events (Enc. 8)
13. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION (IF NEEDED)
14. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION