OUR JOURNEY ... through the Authorization Process
At Summit Charter Academy Lombardi, we strive to provide our students with the learning experiences that are engaging, relevant, challenging, and significant. The culture at Lombardi encourages students to be curious, inquisitive, ask questions, while exploring and interacting with their environment physically, socially and intellectually.We fulfilled the IB requirements for authorization in October of 2014. In October of 2018, a team of IB representatives will visit Lombardi to verify that the IB's educational principles and required standards and practices continue to be in place and that they school maintains its IB World School Status.The IB Primary Years Programme
- addresses students’ academic, social and emotional well-being
- encourages students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their own learning
- supports students’ efforts to gain understanding of the world and to function comfortably within it
- helps students establish personal values as a foundation upon which international-mindedness will develop and flourish
- inspires students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right
The IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside. It is defined by six transdisciplinary themes of global significance, explored using knowledge and skills derived from six subject areas, with a powerful emphasis on inquiry-based learning. The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.Click on the choices below to learn more about IB PYP.