School Nurse's Office
Every school has a nurse assigned to assist with daily needs. The nurse covers multiple campuses and attends needs on the different campuses throughout the day. The best way to reach your school nurse is to contact your schools office or contact them via email at the address listed below.
Daily Health Services Provided:
• Provide first aide for minor injuries
• Assess acute illness and injuries (stomach ache, sore throat, ankle injury, etc.)
• Evaluate and treat chronic health conditions (asthma, diabetes, etc.)
• Administer medication that has been authorized by the student's doctor
• Respond to emergency situations
Annual screenings are done by the district nurse and are based on the CDE's recommendations or can be done upon request:
• Hearing- K, 2, 5, 8, 10
• Vision- 1,3, 5, 8
• Color Screen- 1 (boys only)
• Scoliosis- 7th grade girls, 8th grade boys
Students who are sick (vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, etc.), contagious (potential or actual) and/or have a fever greater that 100 degrees MUST NOT be sent to school.
In order to return to school, a student must be fever free for at least 24 hours, without the use of medication. Students with vomiting or diarrhea must be symptom free for at least 24 hours, without medication, before returning to school. In an extended illness or with a communicable disease the student must have a physicians note clearing them to come back to school.